Jewellery by Spektor recognizes the importance of safeguarding your information. Therefore this Privacy Statement sets out how we use your information and the steps we take to ensure your privacy remains protected.
Jewellery by Spektor offers jewelry sold online. This Privacy Statement applies to personal information from global customers collected, processed, disclosed, and stored (collectively “used”) by Jewellery by Spektor.
If you have any queries or requests regarding this Privacy Statement or our use of your personal information, do not hesitate to contact us using the details set out below.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
As you interact with us, we will collect your information in several ways. Often you will provide this information directly to us, but in other cases, it might be collected automatically through technical means such as Cookies.
If you contact us through our website by email, social media, or purchase items from our store, we will collect the following information in order to provide the contract to you and respond to any queries:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Order details
- Payment information (if a purchase has been made)
We collect the following information about you automatically, through technical means such as cookies, when you browse our store:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Country geolocation using IP address
- Browsing data linked to Google Analytics
See section 7 for more details.
- WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the collected information about you in a variety of ways. For example, we will use it to fulfill your orders, to analyze and improve how our business and websites work, and, where we have your consent, to provide you marketing updates. We will never sell your information to any third party and will use it only when we have a lawful basis for doing so.
- To perform our obligations to you or enable us to enter a contract, we will collect your personal details, contact information, and address so that we can process and fulfill your orders.
- Where we have your consent, we will periodically send emails to the address you provide so that you can find out more about our store, new products, and other updates. If you want to withdraw this consent you can do so at any time – see section 11 for more details.
- Where we have a legal obligation to do so, we are required to keep certain financial records for financial reporting and accounting purposes.
- Where we have a legitimate interest in using your information (this information is not overridden by your own rights as an individual), we will use the information automatically collected from you through technical means such as cookies to analyze how visitors use our website so that we can understand how visitors engage with Jewellery by Spektor and improve our website work. We also keep a record of transactions and correspond so that we can bring claims or defend ourselves in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
You can find out more about how Jewellery by Spektor’s interests are balanced with your own rights and interests by getting in contact with us using the details set out below.
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We will share the information we collect from you with our service providers to the extent necessary for the purposes outlined above. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Sharing your information with third parties:
Where Jewellery by Spektor uses third-party service providers, we may disclose to them your personal information – but they will only use your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services on our behalf. Jewellery by Spektor will share your information with the following categories of service providers:
- Third parties providing payment gateways.
- Third parties who process payments or transactions on our behalf.
- MaxMind: MaxMind provides IP intelligence through the GeoIP brand. Over 5,000 companies use GeoIP data to locate their Internet visitors and show them relevant content and ads, perform analytics, enforce digital rights, and efficiently route Internet traffic.
- Google Ads: Google Ads is an online advertising service developed by Google, where advertisers pay to display brief advertising copy, product listings, and video content within the Google ad network to web users. Google Ads system is based partly on cookies and partly on keywords determined by advertisers. Google uses these characteristics to place advertising copy on pages where they think it might be relevant. Advertisers pay when users divert their browsing to click on the advertising copy. Partner websites receive a portion of the generated income.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.
- Facebook: Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
Other circumstances in which we may share your information:
- From time to time we may need to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies or regulators.
- We may need to disclose your information if you violate our Terms of Service.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be shared with the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Jewellery by Spektor takes steps to ensure that the third parties we engage to provide services to us on our behalf use your data in accordance with this Statement. Such third parties may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and to the extent that this is the case, the following Section 5 will apply.
Once you leave our store’s website or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by this Statement or our website’s Terms of Service. When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
Jewellery by Spektor may transfer your information outside the EEA, to locations in which data protection standards are less strict. When doing this, we will take steps to ensure that your information remains protected in line with this Statement.
The internet is a global environment and in practice, it is not at all unusual for information to be transferred internationally – for example, if the servers used to host your information are located abroad. If we transfer personal information outside the EEA we will adhere to certain safeguards approved under data protection laws. If you wish to find out more or to obtain a copy of the safeguards put in place to protect your privacy, please contact us using the details set out below.
To protect your personal information, we take appropriate technological and organizational measures and follow the industry’s best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Our site is not directed at those under the age of 16 and customers must have credit or debit cards to make purchases.
- AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING
We do not undertake automated decision-making.
- DATA RETENTION
Jewellery by Spektor will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Statement and to fulfill our legal obligations. Where you are a customer this is usually at least for as long as you remain a customer, to be able to meet our legal and contractual obligations to you, and if necessary, resolve any disputes.
We only retain your information for as long as necessary for us to use it as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use our services, for instance, if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and
accounting purposes. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- Contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved.
- Legal obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time.
- Statute of limitations under applicable laws.
- Potential disputes.
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed. For further information on how long your information shall be retained by Bezalel Design, please get in touch with us using the details set out below.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Subject to certain conditions, you will, by law, be able to exercise certain rights in respect of your information. Further information about your rights can be obtained from your national data protection authority. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details set out below. In almost all circumstances these rights will be free to exercise; although, if requests are made on a repeated or manifestly unfounded basis, we may charge a reasonable administrative fee.
The right to be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent, and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Statement.
The right of access: You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Statement).
The right to rectification: You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in the information that we hold by getting in contact with us.
The right to erasure: This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information that we hold.
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to certain types of processing, and you can exercise this right by contacting us using the details set out below.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services. If this right is applicable, we will provide you with an accessible copy of your information so that you can use a similar service elsewhere.
The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with your national data protection regulator.
The right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent as our lawful basis for processing your information, you may withdraw your consent at any time. However, doing so will not make unlawful the actions we have taken with your personal data while we had your active consent. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to exercise Your Rights, register a complaint, or simply want more information about this Privacy Statement or how we use your data, please get in touch with us using the details below. You can get in contact by mail at:
- COMPETITION AND SALES
Winners of any competitions run will be announced via email and/or on social media and contacted via email if an email has been supplied. By entering into a competition where your name and/or email address is provided, you are consenting to your name being used via our channels for the sole purpose of announcing you as the winner of the competition.
When signing up with any of Jewellery by Spektor’s membership platforms, you consent to Jewellery by Spektor using your personal information, such as your email address, for direct marketing purposes. This includes sending you correspondence such as newsletters, product information, competitions, and promotions, by email, SMS, social media, or post. You may opt-out of receiving these direct marketing communications, and any variation to your communication preferences, at any time.
By placing an order for any goods on the website (‘Order’) the customer is offering to purchase the goods on and subject to these Terms. Each order the customer places will be a separate and binding agreement between the customer and Jewellery by Spektor with respect to the supply of the goods in accordance with these Terms. By placing an order, the customer is acknowledging agreement and understanding of all policies, including shipping, return, and any other policies that may apply once an order is placed. It is the responsibility of the customer to inform themselves of any and all policies before placing an order.
All orders are subject to the availability of the goods and confirmation of the correct order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made. Delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure (for example COVID-19) will not be Jewellery by Spektor’s responsibility. The customer acknowledges that all Orders through the website are with respect to goods intended for personal and domestic use only and non-commercial use.
In order to contract with Jewellery by Spektor, the customer must be over 16 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to Jewellery by Spektor.
Jewellery by Spektor reserves the right to accept or reject an order for any reason at any time. When placing an order, the customer undertakes that all details that are provided to Jewellery by Spektor are true and accurate, that the customer is an authorized user of the credit or debit card used to place the order, and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods.
Jewellery by Spektor reserves the right to hold and/or refuse an order pending credit card verification. Changes to items on orders, shipping addresses, or names are not permitted once an order has been processed. Further, Jewellery by Spektor can refuse any amendment or cancellation of an order at any time.
The price with respect to any goods is specified on the website (‘Price’). The price is exclusive of any delivery fee. Jewellery by Spektor reserves the right to change or alter the prices of goods on the website without notice to the customer. Where there is a technical error, Jewellery by Spektor reserves the right to amend this error and cancel any order impacting by this pricing error. In paying or attempting to pay for the goods, the customer agrees that he/she has not engaged in any fraudulent conduct or broken any law.
Any period or date for delivery of goods stated by Jewellery by Spektor is intended as an estimate only and is not a contractual commitment. Jewellery by Spektor will use its best endeavors to meet any estimated delivery dates but will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the customer or any other person for failure to meet an estimated delivery date. Jewellery by Spektor reserves the right to amend delivery methods without notice.